Wednesday, December 17, 2008

If This Doesn't Make Sense....

it's because I'm totally drugged up** and it's the middle of the night. (**correct dose of prescription medication)

I have acquired one of those odd medical maladies that makes you question the phrase "modern medicine". It baffles my mind that in a time when we cure cancers, expand the life of those with terminal diseases in many multiples of an anticipated duration, and have the ability to prevent so many things with the knowledge we've gained that there are still times when a Dr. has to resort to "Go home and get worse for a couple more days so we know exactly what this is." I can tell you that a prescription for painkillers just doesn't make up for the fact that I'm sitting here enduring increasing pain and discomfort, praying that the weather will allow for us get to my appointment in the morning, and finally that there will be an diagnosis with a RESOLUTION.

No comments: