Friday, August 8, 2008

Adoption Day Anniversary


It amazes me that two whole years have gone by. I am still amazed that she's ours. A friend wrote an amazing piece for Ruby on that day.


A little girl I know got adopted today by two mommies who love her very much.
Sweetie,I don't know if you will remember this day but you were surrounded by people who love you. Your moms, your brother, your grandparents and uncles, and friends of the family all showed up to let you know how loved and important you are in our lives. You were a little tired - the court time was scheduled during your naptime - and you didn't want to go up to the judge's desk, but she understood and came down to see you. Your moms and brother stood around you while the judge talked about what an important day today was. She could see that you already had a lifetime family, that you didn't need that little piece of paper to say who your mommies were or to explain to the world who loves you and cares for you, but she signed it anyway. I saw your mama wipe the tears from her eyes (I had to wipe mine too!) and your mommy held your brother while you told the judge who the most important people in your life are. It was over so quickly and I could see that you were beginning to be overwhelmed by the attention. We took pictures with you, brother, Mommy and Mama, and the Judge. We got a minute or two when you smiled and danced in the aisle of the courtroom in your new fairie dress which, I'm sure, your brother wanted to wear almost more than you.I just wanted to let you know how honored I was to be there for this day. Don't ever forget how much you are loved.



No comments: